To Purchase This Property or Get More Info
- Click the “E-Mail Realtor” button to send an contact request to our real estate agent e-mail.
- Your e-mail will be sent to [email protected]
- In the e-mail body include your name and phone number.
- Pam Martin will promptly reply.
If your e-mail application does not automatically open with the “To” address and the “Subject” already filled in for you, please manually send Pam an e-mail with the above information.
This property is listed with an agent. We will refer all inquires to our listing agent.
Lowest Price Per Acre available in Oak View Ranch.
An amazing property well below below assessed value – the opportunity you’ve been waiting for!
Check out this 2.42-acre vacant, buildable lot in the upscale Oak View Ranch community located minutes outside Glen Rose city limits and in Glen Rose ISD, about an hour from the center of Ft. Worth and 1 ¼ hours from Dallas.
The property is in a deed restricted subdivision with HOA dues of about $500 per year and a 1,600 sq. ft. min home size and no mobile homes. Septic required, utilities available but to be verified to buyer’s satisfaction.
Glen Rose, TX
County Road 2027
Glen Rose, TX
OAK VIEW RANCH PHASE I LOT 20
Paved County Road
HOA / Deed Restricted
Purchase Information / Fees
Glen Rose, Texas
A three-story stone gristmill was constructed along the Paluxy River and the town that grew up around it became known as Barnard’s Mill. The mill was sold to T.C. Jordan of Dallas in 1871 for $65,000. Jordan’s wife, a native of Scotland, decided to rename the town Rose Glen to reflect the area’s natural surroundings. The citizens later voted to call the community Glen Rose. A post office opened in 1874.
During Prohibition, the area was a center of moonshining and Glen Rose became known as the “whiskey woods capital of the state.” The construction of the Comanche Peak Nuclear Power Plant in the mid-1970s brought financial advantages and new residents to the Glen Rose area. The city experienced a 34 percent increase in population between 1970 and 1980. The nuclear plant came to dominate the local economy. Other chief industries include farming, ranching, and tourism. By 2000, the city population had grown to 2,122 and the number of rose to 224. Glen Rose is served by the acclaimed Glen Rose Independent School District.
When Somervell County was formed in 1875, Glen Rose was designated as its county seat. A courthouse around Glen Rose’s town square was completed around 1892, but burned down a year later. A newly built Romanesque Revival style courthouse was constructed soon after with locally quarried limestone.
- Fossil Rim Wildlife Center is an 1,800-acre (7.3 km2) wildlife preserve open to the public. It features many different species of animals.
- Dinosaur Valley State Park, located about 2 miles west of Glen Rose, features a large number of dinosaur footprints, the Glen Rose Formation, in the bed of the Paluxy River. The park is one of the top local tourist attractions.
- Creation Evidence Museum, displaying purported evidence for creationism.
- The Promise, presented yearly since 1989, is a musical production of the life of Christ at Texas Amphitheater.
Important Pre-Buy Information
This lot is subject to property owners association (POA) policies & covenants to protect the value of your investment. It is zoned for for new home construction only. No mobile homes, No RVs, No camping. Before reserving or purchasing this property READ the Oak View POA Deed Restrictions available from this link to ensure you can build on, or use, the property as you intend.